Drawing on more than 8 years of experience as a freelancer (writing, editing, and social media management) and professional blogging (in topics of health + wellness, style + beauty, lifestyle, and writing + small business), as well as teaching dozens of students how to start and grow their own successful, profitable freelance businesses, I am available to be featured in articles, podcasts, etc. regarding the topic of freelancing and home-based business management tips.
- Graduated with B.A. in Rhetoric, Writing & Communications at the University of Winnipeg in 2010
- 8+ years experience in hobby + professional blogging
- 8+ years experience as a freelancer (writing, editing + social media management for non-profits, small businesses, individuals, and international corporations)
- Published author of 5-star book, The Business of Writing & Editing: Practical Tips & Templates for New Freelancers (January 2016)
- 220+ students enrolled in my freelance tips online programs, including the 7-week Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success e-course, Goodbye 9 to 5 masterclass, The Freelancer’s Companion webinar vault, and The Business of Writing & Editing deluxe package.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiries.
Expert Interviews, Features, Press & Recognition:
- The Collective Mill, February 2017: Top 100 Websites for Bloggers in 2017.
- USA TODAY, January 2017: How to Decide On The Right Rate to Charge as a Freelancer.
- Solopreneur Diaries, December 2016: How to Plan for a Super Successful Year.
- USA TODAY, December 2016: How to Become a Freelancer in 10 Essential Steps and How to Be Seen and Noticed Online and How to Reach Out and Use Your Network as a New Freelancer.
- Twins Mommy, December 2016: 12 Days of Holiday Freebies: 14 Free Courses to Earn More Income as a Stay-at-Home Mom.
- Steyer Associates Inc., November 2016: Finding Stability in the Gig Economy.
- The SITS Girls, July 2016: 7 Best Investments For Your Blog and Blog Newsletter Welcome Email Template & Tips.
- ConvertKit blog, June 2016: Beyond the Landing Page—The Next Level Automation Every Serious Blogger Needs.
- The Huffington Post, May 2016: 15 Expert Tips for Crafting Great Openings.
- The Work At Home Wife, May 2016: Expert Tips on Getting More Freelance Writing Jobs Online Fast.
- The SITS Girls, March 2016: 5 Big Mistakes Bloggers Make On Facebook.
- The SITS Girls, May 2016: What Should You Include In Your Blog’s Newsletter and 10 Reasons Why Bloggers Should Offer Freelance Writing Services.
- The SITS Girls, February 2016: 10 Tips to Create an Awesome Blog Content Calendar, What Does it Take to Be a Professional Blogger?, and 5 Awesome Revolutionizing Blogging Tools.
- The SITS Girls, January 2016: How to Create Your Blog Media Kit.
- The Winnipeg Free Press, January 2016: On the Night Table.
Brand partnership requests…
Are you interested in partnering with me?
Do you have a product or service (related to productivity, home-based businesses, or other small business themes) that you would like promoted on this professional business blog?
Do you have other ideas for ways that we can work together on our shared values and goals?
If so, please check out my blog media kit:
Got other ideas for partnering? Let me know! If your brand is a good fit for my blog, I’d love to connect on a longer-term partnership.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you are interested in working with me. I look forward to hearing from you!
Guest Blog Posts, Awards & Lifestyle Features
- Guest blogger at Freelancers Union in February 2017 (Start a Successful Freelance Business—Even When You’re On a Time Budget).
- Guest blogger on Medium in August 2016 (How to Write Your Freelance Services Webpage and Are You Ready to Quit Your Day Job?).
- Guest blogger at Freelancers Union in July, August, September and October 2016.
- Featured on From Lovers With Love and Healthy Living Blogs in May 2016.
- Guest blogger at Flight & Scarlet in May 2016.
- Guest blogger at The Write Life, Amy Howard Social, and Freelancer’s Union in April 2016.
- Featured on Bow & Arrow Boutique press page in February 2016.
- Guest blogger at AHAA Living (5 Simple Changes That Have a Huge Impact On Your Health and Wellness) in January 2016.
- Lifestyle specialist for Weight Watcher Canada’s #betyou10lbs campaign in September – November 2015.
- Guest blogger at Freelancers Union (My Client Didn’t Give Me a Deadline. Now What? and Tailor Your Communication to Your Business) in summer 2015.
- Included as an expert in a round-up of What 28 Experts Believe to be the Healthiest Diets in the World at Slim & Trim Meals in 2015.
- Guest blogger at AHAA Living (How to Make Sustainable Food Choices, from the Grocery Store to the Kitchen) in April 2015.
- Featured in an Expert Interview on diet and health topics for HealthPlans.com in 2014.
- Listed as one of the top 10 Canadian health and wellness blogs (and the only Manitoba-based blog) by AHAA Living in 2014.
- Listed as one of the top 100 Leading Sites for Holistic Nutrition Consulting & Therapy at Holistic Nutrition Degree in 2014.
- Along with 34 other experts, contributed to a web panel on bone health for AlgaeCal in 2014.
- Nominated for the 2012 Reh-Fit Healthy Living Award.
- Top Blog in Nutrition for the 2011 Health Care Colleges Awards.
- Nominated for the 2010 Canadian Weblog Awards (categories: Food & Drink, and Health & Wellness).
- Received the 2010 Canadian Weblog Award in Sports, Fitness & Recreation.
- Nominated for the 2010 Best of Canada Natural Health Awards (category: Health Resource – Social Media).
- Nominated for the 2010 Mouseland Press Journalism Awards in the category of Sports, Fitness, and Health Writing.
- Received the 2010 Mouseland Press Journalism Award in the category of Review Writing.
- Selected as one of 10 bloggers to attend the POM Wonderful October 2009 Blogger Harvest Tour (the only Canadian blogger).
- Top Health Blogger in the Healthy Living Community with Wellsphere.
Some of the businesses I have partnered with on my blog include (in alphabetical order):
Align Digestive Care Probiotics | Amy & Brian Coconut Water | AS Hanging Display Systems | Aspire Fitness | Bimuno | Bow & Arrow Boutique | BuildASign | The Canadian Nail Fungus Resource | Catelli Pasta | Colgate | Crystal Essence | Easy Diet Labels | Gaiam | GoodLife Fitness | Green Virgin Products | Groupe Marcelle Inc.| Heavenly Products | Icebox Water | Jabra | Jardin de Ville | Kardea | Lax-A-Day | Luxi Sleep | Metamucil | Minute Rice | Nature’s Path | Nutiva Organics | Orchard Corset | Organic Aromas | Penguin Random House | PINES | Plan 2 Bee | POM Wonderful | Popchips | Robert Rose Inc. | SeabuckWonders | Sears Pure NRG | Simon & Schuster Canada | Smarty Had a Party | SodaStream | SoLo | Staples Canada | Tropical Traditions | U-RAAW! | Vionic Orthaheel | Xango | ZzzQuil
What brands are saying…
WOW!!! Thanks for the amazing content!
Thanks very much for such a lovely post. I am impressed. I like how you mixed it into a natural-looking post rather than a straight-up review. It’s exactly what we’re looking for!
Thank you Sagan—this looks wonderful!
Wow! Thanks so much—the post looks great!
We loved working with you on our last campaign so much that we want to work with you on a new project.
Thanks sooooo much 🙂 We appreciate your review!
Awesome article! Thanks Sagan, lovely working with you!
This sponsored article was perfect—thank you so much! I look forward to working with you again!
The article is beautifully written! Thank you for the honest and great review.
Thank you Sagan for sending all of these through! Content looks awesome! 🙂 Thanks for all of your hard work!