We all know we should drink more water. We can’t survive more than a few days without water; we need water to stay alive.
But that’s not all! We need water to function well on a daily basis—there are so many amazing health benefits of water. Water is one of those things that we often have without really thinking about it, so that’s why today we’re talking about some of the main reasons why you should drink more water:
- Carries nutrients to all of our cells. We need water to ensure we’re getting all of our proper nutrient requirements!
- Breaks down food and promotes the digestive system.
- Is good for our skin and helps it to stay clear, fresh, and youthful-looking (read my best morning beauty routines article for other ways to help improve skin health).
- Regulates body temperature so that we don’t get too hot or too cold.
- Helps to fill us up, which can cause us to eat less and therefore lose weight. Feeling hungry? Drink a glass of water. You might not actually be hungry at all, but just thirsty!
- Enables us to perform better during exercise. That’s right: water can make a difference in our ability to do well in any fitness routine. Just make sure not to drink too much before and during exercise or you might get cramps—smaller amounts will go the distance, and drinking an appropriate amount of water between exercising will be beneficial too.
There are so many other important health benefits to drinking water, so drink up!
This article was sponsored by Icebox Water—an affordable, high-quality water packaged in eco-friendly, compostable and recyclable, insulated materials. They are kindly hosting a giveaway of one of their cases of Icebox Water! Enter the giveaway now (US entries only; winner will be announced next week):