A few months ago we talked about healthy, easy, portable lunch ideas. This week I want to talk about some of my favorite healthy dinners that Mr. Science and I enjoy fairly regularly. It might give you some ideas if you struggle with meal planning each week!
Some of my favorite healthy dinners include…
- Easy lasagna. Take your favorite lasagna recipe and swap the lasagna noodles for elbow noodles so you don’t have to mess around with the assembly part of lasagna! Easy lasagna takes the hassle out of making lasagna but you still get all the deliciousness out of it. Use brown rice noodles, ground bison, organic cheese and homemade tomato sauce to make this a healthier dish.
- Pan-friend pickerel with roasted broccoli and brown rice with a drizzle of soy sauce. So simple yet amazingly delicious! Organic and local ingredients (and Bragg’s soy sauce!) will make all the difference to the health benefits AND the taste.
- Pork stroganoff. We were inspired to make this after eating it one day a couple years ago at a restaurant. The restaurant mixed chopped dill pickles into their pork stroganoff dish, which was fantastic. This dish involves a cream sauce with diced pork tenderloin and rice. We use our homemade dill pickles as that special extra touch 🙂 (And again, when you’re using whole ingredients—particularly local, organic, and small farm—this meal can still be good for you, even though it’s rich.)
- Salsiccia pasta. Mr. Science makes THE BEST salsiccia—it’s basically (multigrain/brown rice) penne mixed with hot Italian sausage, red bell peppers, red onion, tons of extra-virgin olive oil, and herbs & spices, topped with plenty of parmesan. So good!
- Spicy diced bison with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli or boiled corn. This recipe is another super simple dish that tastes so good. You cook the meat in a pan for a really long time so it gets super tender, and you add a bunch of spices to the mix to give it a strong flavor and plenty of heat. Serve with mashed potatoes and your choice of veggie.
- Massaged kale salad with feta and currants. I’ve been enjoying kale in smoothies lately a lot more than in salads, but this is another delicious way to enjoy kale! Perfect for any time of the year.
- Homemade Taquitos. You KNEW this one would end up on the list 😉 These make for an excellent meal when you just aren’t in the mood for doing lots of cooking.