Writers, or content creators, might be just the thing you need to enhance your business and to best market your business to your target audiences. Here’s the background you need on why hiring a professional writer could be one of your best decisions.
Why does writing matter?
Just like with editing, having high-quality writing can make or break your business. High-quality writing is important for the following reasons:
- It provides your business (and therefore your products / services) with additional credibility.
- It shows how fantastic you and your business are, and speaks to and with your target audiences.
- It tells the story of your business – without being cheesy, bland, or generic.
- It illustrates that you are a professional and that you offer high-quality products / services.
- It balances scientific facts with anecdotal evidence and personal experience.
- It is personalized to your target audiences.
- It engages your readers and customers and leaves them wanting more.
What does a writer / content creator do?
A professional writer (also known as a content creator) can help to market and promote your business in all of the right ways. Here’s what you can expect a writer to do when you hire them:
- Research and review your business, products / services, industry, and target audience to ensure a thorough understanding of who you are, what you do, what your industry is all about, and who your audience is and how to best engage them.
- Create, write, and put together relevant, engaging content for your business.
- Edit (and sometimes publish, in the case of blogs, for example) the content they have written.
- Identify and make good use of relevant and appropriate headlines, key words, and images.
- Advise and make recommendations on best promoting and marketing your content and using it as a tool for your business.
- Adapt writing style, tone, voice, format, and content based on your business, target audience, and medium.
- Ensure all writing is clear and concise, and has been proofread.
As you can see, there’s a lot more that a writer does beyond *just* write for your business. Depending on the needs of your business, they could do everything from minimal research and writing of the piece, to a full-scale research, write, edit, and publish of the piece. It all depends on what you want and need! When you hire a professional writer, they can help to identify your needs and advise how they can best fit into your business team as well.