Hello and welcome to SaganMorrow.com!
I’m Sagan Morrow (she/her), your Personal Fulfillment Coach and anti-hustle Productivity Strategist & Solopreneur Success Coach: I help you build a better relationship with yourself and manage your time & energy more efficiently, through customized, actionable strategies that work for your unique life and business.
Oh... and I also write polyamorous romantic comedy novels.
Drawing on more than 12 years of experience as a business owner, and 7+ years working with other small business owners, you can now work with me one-on-one or in my signature e-course, Productivity Powerhouse, to learn how to save 10 hours/week—without the burnout or overwhelm—so that you finally achieve your dreamy, audacious goals... and so that your business SUPPORTS your lifestyle goals and values. As a professional speaker, I am also available to teach workshops for your organization.
- Internationally board certified Success & Life Coach
- Internationally board certified Practitioner of Emotional Freedom Techniques
- Alumnus from the School for Anti-Racist Leadership
- BA in Rhetoric, Writing, and Communications from the University of Winnipeg
- Published author of 10+ books
- Professional speaker at 100+ conferences, summits, webinars, in-person events, and podcasts
- Curriculum designer & instructor for 10+ online courses
Get solopreneurship "diary entries" delivered to your inbox every Saturday with the Solopreneur Diary Entries weekly newsletter for behind-the-scenes stories, lessons, and practical action steps on designing a lifestyle business, improving work/life balance, and incorporating anti-hustle methods on your own terms.
In addition to teaching solopreneurs how to do more in less time without burnout, I'm also a book author (specializing in writing romantic comedies). You can learn more about my authorpreneur journey by tuning in to my Indie Author Weekly podcast.
My blogging journey (AKA the beginning of my business)...
This business started out as a blog: I began blogging about healthy living at Living Healthy in the Real World in February 2008. Over the years, my interests expanded, and I added two more blogs to the Living in the Real World brand: a communications blog at Living Rhetorically in the Real World, and a style and beauty blog at Living Fashionably in the Real World.
The Living in the Real World brand was, at its core, about how we can apply ideas and habits in ways that fit each of our individual lifestyles.
Seven years after my first foray into the blogging world, I rebranded Living in the Real World to a lifestyle blog at SaganMorrow.com. I blogged about writing and small business, food and fitness, style and beauty, and health and wellness.
Then, in August 2016, I rebranded once again to make SaganMorrow.com what it is today: a comprehensive resource for other solopreneurs and multi-passionate creatives who want to attain work-life balance and build the home-based business of their dreams.
A little background about me…
I currently divide my work time between 3 main areas:
- Productivity Strategist: teaching solopreneurs how to enjoy true work/life balance using anti-hustle productivity (primarily through my Productivity Powerhouse e-course).
- Success & Life Coach: 1:1 coaching sessions to help you achieve personal fulfilment and/or professional excellence (regardless of whether you're a solopreneur!).
- Author: writing and self-publishing polyam romcom novels.
In 2010 I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Rhetoric, Writing, and Communication (basically I spent several years analyzing ads and learning about communication theory and it was amazing—it's essentially a degree in critical thinking), and in 2012 I received my diploma as a Certified Holistic Nutritionist (just because!).
I spent eight years as a freelance writer, editor, and social media manager (including a couple years in public relations and several years in fundraising/project management at a local charity) before I began to teach other solopreneurs how to succeed in business. Since February 2016, I've published several business books, launched multiple e-courses for freelancers, and started (then stopped) a small business podcast.
I still do some freelance writing for clients these days, but it is a smaller component of my business.
In April 2017, I partnered with my then-podcast-cohost to start a brand-new communications agency, Juxta Communications. My business partner realized in July 2018 that he no longer wants to be a business owner, so we shut down the small business podcast, dissolved Juxta, and amicably ended our business partnership.
I've since started my own podcast, Indie Author Weekly, which shares the behind-the-scenes journey of my adventure in writing and self-publishing books.
In summer 2021, I completed 120+ hours of continuing education and received my certification as a Success & Life Coach, and in November 2021, I completed the School of Anti-Racist Leadership program. I upgrade my coaching skills through self-led trainings on an ongoing basis and I am currently enrolled in the Lotus Institute Master Face Reading program.
I used to live in Winnipeg's historic Exchange District with my common-law husband, Mr. Science. He's a little camera shy and likes his privacy, so I don't share too many details about him online! We are polyamorous, which is why that's the main theme of my romance novels. In summer 2021, Mr Science got a new job and so we moved to beautiful Kamloops, BC.
Some of my favourite things include dancing (I'm a hobbyist burlesque dancer), reading all kinds of books, exploring big cities, and enjoying robust dry wines (I LOVE that we're now living in the Okanagan!) and freshly-brewed Americanos. Some of my favourite TV shows include Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Parks & Recreation, Master of None, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and I am childfree and sex-positive. My pronouns are she/her.
A few of my values & beliefs: Black lives matter. Trans lives matter. Women's rights to make decisions about her own body. Everyone deserves safe, warm housing and clean drinking water. No one should go hungry. More safe injection sites are needed.
I am personally and professionally committed to inclusion, anti-racism, diversity, equity, and the protection of human rights.
This is an ongoing process that I am continuing to work on and improve on with my personal and professional behaviour, everyday actions, and education, including and starting with:
- Advocacy & Collaboration:
- Promoting and sharing content created by (and businesses owned by) Black, Indigenous, People Of Colour.
- Identifying and recommending additional BIPOC content creators and business owners to be included at every conference and group I participate in.
- Accessibility & Inclusivity:
- Making my content more accessible for people who are deaf and hard-of-hearing, including adding word-for-word transcripts for each online course video/audio recording, podcast episode, audiogram, and Instagram Story I create.
- Explicitly stating my pronouns on all platforms.
- Business Investments:
- Preference given to LGBTQ+ and BIPOC-owned businesses for all new business purchases, including computer software, educational trainings, outsourcing/hiring, office supplies, etc.
- Weekly Continuing Education & Accountability:
- Taking courses, reading books, listening to podcasts, and consuming other content and stories (e.g. movies and TV shows) by and featuring BIPOC content creators.
- Reviewing & critiquing the actions I took in the previous week as part of my weekly audits, to ensure that I follow through on each of the areas listed above.
Thank you to the Reimagining Small Business Town Hall for providing me with the resources and starting point for taking action with anti-racism and inclusivity!
You can find me hanging out online at my favorite social media spots, or you can connect with me directly via email. I’d love to chat!