Not sure if you’re ready to quit your 9 to 5 job? Let’s find out!
For each of the following questions, answer YES or NO.
Keep track of how many of each YES and NO answers you have—we’re going to go over the tally at the end of this article!
(That’s right. I’m going all magazine-quiz on you!)
Find out if you are ready to quit your 9 to 5 job…
- Do you know what kind of business you want to have?
- Do you know what kind of service you will offer in your business?
- Do you have more than 3 months of experience working on the service you want to offer?
- Do you have savings in the bank that would cover the bills for at least 2 months?
- Can you confidently answer unexpected questions about the service you want to offer?
- Do you have any experience or background understanding of what running a business entails?
- Have you created a business plan?
- Do you have a marketing strategy?
- Do you know how much to price your services at?
- Have you identified who your ideal client is?
- Do you know where your ideal client hangs out?
- Have you ever managed someone before?
- Have you ever worked from home before?
- Do you have a home office set up?
- Are you able to work fairly productively when left to your own devices?
- Are you good at managing your time effectively?
- Do you feel comfortable making decisions?
- Are you able to learn from your mistakes and move on from them?
- Once you’ve made a plan of action, are you pretty good at following through on it?
- Do you have time to work on your business consistently while still working at your 9 to 5 job?
- Are you okay with working long hours on something you love?
- Do you feel passionate about your business idea/the service you will offer?
- Do you have a backup plan (or 3) in case your business idea doesn’t pan out?
- Have you outlined SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely) goals for your business?
- Do you have someone you trust in your life who can provide feedback and brainstorm ideas with you?
Tally up your answers:
If you answered YES more than 20 times, you might be just about ready to quit your 9 to 5 job!
You still need to work out some important details, but you’re definitely on your way to getting organized with your business. You could be ready to quit your day job and start working from home full-time in as little as 2 or 3 months.
Want step-by-step tips for quitting your 9 to 5 job? I can help.
If you answered NO more than 15 times, then you might want to work on your business more before making the transition and quitting your 9 to 5 job.
I’d recommend spending closer to 6 months preparing your business so that you’re all set by the time you quit your job and start working from home full-time!
Want help with setting up a 6-month plan of action for quitting your 9 to 5 job? Click here to learn what you need to do to successfully say “goodbye” to the 9 to 5 life.
Please note that while this quiz can help you get an idea of where you’re at, it is of course a very primitive overview!
Want support and actionable step-by-step tips for exactly how to successfully, seamlessly quit your 9 to 5 job and start working from home full-time?
Join the Goodbye 9 to 5 masterclass! You’ll get all the tools you need to FINALLY say “goodbye” to your 9 to 5 job, and “hello” to working from home full-time.
The strategies in this program will enable you to quit your 9 to 5 job within just a few months—and you’ll learn how to create an AWESOME plan of action that’s just right for you (plus you’ll get a sample 3-month calendar of what your plan of action could theoretically look like… as well as a workbook to take down notes throughout the class… plus a bunch of other super helpful bonuses!).