Having a business isn't all fun and games. Sometimes it's overwhelming, lonely, and confusing!
The FREE Begin Your Biz Challenge is here to help you out with all of that.
Taking place inside a Facebook community group with like-minded small business owners, you'll get daily 15-minute action steps you can take to keep moving your business forward, even when you feel overwhelmed with what you should spend your time working on.
May theme: stay focused in your business.
The Begin Your Biz Challenge includes...
- 15-minute daily action steps to help you get started + make progress with your business
- Monthly themes (so that the daily action steps all tie in together)
- Weekly email reminders (opt-out optional)
- Access to an inclusive, supportive group of like-minded solopreneurs
- Opportunities to share your struggles + wins, as well as to get feedback on your work from fellow business owners
- Time-management tips + practical small business resources
“When I began taking the Begin Your Biz Challenge in November 2016, I was just starting out with my business and trying to take in as much information as I could. Of course, like many others before me, I learned there were lots of shiny objects out there and way too many things for one person to do. I needed to simplify... And as a result of doing the Begin Your Biz Challenge, I was able to get clear and focused and implement systems into my business.
Sagan makes the daily challenges very doable (one action step to accomplish in just 15 minutes) and provides additional resources if you need more information. Even two years later, I still follow along with each monthly challenge, because there might be a step I missed the first time around and there’s always something new to learn. Plus, businesses change and grow and things can always be tweaked and improved!”
- Paula, Begin Your Biz member
Save your spot in this TOTALLY FREE ongoing challenge to kickstart your solopreneur business!
Take the guesswork out of your biz + keep accountable with our private community:
Previous monthly themes have focused on topics such as the following for each of the daily action steps...
- Planning + organizing for your small business
- Developing skills + building confidence
- Pitching clients
- Social media marketing
- Reducing business overwhelm + getting focused
- Improving your health + wellness
- Working on your website + making money blogging
- Time management for your business
- Creating your business plan + marketing plan
- Automating + streamlining your business
- Preparing to launch your next awesome product/service
- Reducing your task list + saying “no” in business
- Batching + repurposing content
- Identify your ideal client + create a prospect directory
- Client retention strategies + how to keep your clients
- Organizing using color-coded sticky notes
- Creating a better morning & evening routine
- Getting your financial house in order
- ...and more!
About your host...
Hi! I'm Sagan, a published author and small business strategist with a decade of experience as a freelance writer, editor, and social media manager. And when I first started as a freelancer, I found it just as overwhelming as you do.
I get it: I've been there.
The first time I tried my hand at full-time freelancing, I hustled hard before getting a ton of work. It was fantastic! But when those projects wrapped up (which they all seemed to do at around the same time), I realized I had NO IDEA how to proceed. I didn't have a strategy in place, and I didn't have a clue how to find clients or thrive as a freelancer. I panicked. So I took the first office job I found, grateful for the security. Except... it wasn't enough. I wanted the flexibility and freedom of freelancing. I wanted to call the shots and work on projects I LOVED.
It took a couple years of freelancing on the side before I took the leap to be a full-time freelancer again. And this time, I set up the systems and processes that would lead me to building an incredibly successful and profitable freelancing business.
Throughout the years, I've juggled a LOT of different type of work, and looking back, I'm pretty pleased with how much I've discovered I can accomplish by using my time better.
The (totally free!) Begin Your Biz Challenge enables you to get more done in less time. It doesn't matter how busy your life is—I'm making things super easy so that even if you only have 15 minutes/day to work on your side hustle, you can still make real progress with it every step along the way. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions...
1) How exactly does this work?
When you join the Begin Your Biz Challenge, you'll have access to our private community of 450+ other solopreneurs. Every day, a new 15-minute action step will be posted in the group, and each action step will correspond to that month's theme.
You'll also receive weekly emails (you can opt out at any time) providing a quick recap on the previous week's action steps, PLUS a fillable checklist for every single month that you can download to keep track of which tasks you do.
2) What if I have a specific monthly "theme" I'd like to suggest?
We often do polls to see what topics group members are most interested in learning about! Alternatively, you can always e-mail email@example.com with your requests.
3) Wait... this is REALLY free? Are you sure?
YEP! It's really free! I had such a tough time starting my business on my own that I didn't want you to have to go through the same thing. Consider the Begin Your Biz Challenge my gift to you.
4) Is this going to take me a really long time to go through?
NOPE! Each action step is posted around 7 AM Central in the Begin Your Biz Facebook group, and they'll all take you just 15 minutes to do. Each action step is deliberately designed to be easily-digestible and bite-sized so you can consume them quickly and make progress in your business no matter how busy your life gets.
5) I sign up for free stuff all the time and then promptly forget about it. Won't the Begin Your Biz Challenge be the same way?
I TOTALLY get that. I'm the exact same way. That's why this challenge takes place inside a Facebook group, so that you can check it out every day when you're catching up with friends and family.
On top of that, I give you a new fillable checklist every month to help you stay on track with each of the daily action steps so nothing slips through the cracks.
Plus, you'll also get weekly emails reminding you about what you missed over the past week! (You can opt out of these email reminders at any time.)
6) How long do I have access to the Begin Your Biz Challenge?
Forever—hurray! You'll be a part of the community for as long as you want and as long as it continues 🙂
7) What if I want to access previous monthly Challenges?
No problem. You can now get the Begin Your Biz in 15 Minutes/Day book, which features a year's worth of action steps at your fingertips.
"I learned an organized, efficient method for batch-creating content this month. The checklist you provided was so helpful and just walked me through the process of creating new content pieces, step by step.
Also, the model of 15-minute segments kept me from getting overwhelmed! The preliminary work we did at the beginning of the month was eye-opening in letting me see where the gaps are between what my intention is and what I have actually provided my reader so far. Thank you, Sagan!!"
- Kelly, Begin Your Biz member