I have now been freelancing full-time for about 11 months. It’s rather exciting!
Freelancing is a wonderful experience. I absolutely love being a home-based small business owner. I am now getting to the stage where I have quite steady and long-term clients, which is fantastic, whereas my first month or three as a freelancer was largely spent doing research.
If you’re a new freelancer, then I would definitely recommend you check out these resources! You can always learn more, no matter what stage you’re at in the freelance life, but especially when you’re just starting out it’s a good idea to explore all of the resources out there.
There might be many other resources you discover which could be useful to your niche, but to save you a little time, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite freelancing resources:
- Freelancers Union: articles about running your own business and real-life suggestions from a variety of freelancers.
- Blog Clarity: simple, straightforward marketing and social media tips.
- A Life of Productivity: all the life hacks you’ll ever need to be your most productive self.
- Entrepreneur.com: everything you could want to know about being an entrepreneur.
- Make a Living Writing: a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the freelance writing world.